Monday, June 13, 2011

In Process...

My last (first) quilt has been languishing as I wait to get back over to the quilt shop and learn how to do my binding.



In the meantime, I've been reclaiming my sewing space. I've thrown up a temporary design wall and have been playing with some 4" x4" blocks that I bought on ebay as part of another quilt-y purchase some months ago. I have to admit I enjoy playing with blocks. But I am finding myself overwhelmed with all the colour possibilties (I'd like to think this is a newbie thing - but I think perhaps not?)


When I just can't take anymore square shifting I wash fabric. I have decided I am in the pre - wash fabric camp. I have read both the pros and cons (to wash or not to wash) and colour bleeding and shrinkage concerns aside - I have decided that I just "like" the handle of fabric that's washed. It feels denser. "Livelier". (Much like handspun yarn feels in comparison to most mass market yarn). I understand there are occasions when you may not want to  pre-wash - and I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.



And there you have it... I was wash ... I fold ... I contemplate. In process.

No comments:

Post a Comment