Thursday, June 4, 2015

Headed to Quilt Canada...

Woo! Hoo!

Me and Miz Rosie are packing up the bags and heading outta Dodge. Due South. As in Lethbridge. To the long awaited Canadian Quilter's Association Conference! We bought our tickets as soon as they were available. We decided to splurge and rent a 2 bedroom apartment on campus only to find out last minute that they had overbooked (oh no!) so we were getting a free upgrade to a condo (oh yea!).

I started packing and planning a few days ago. That must mean I'm excited. I usually don't start packing until 2 hours beforehand. But this requires many decisions. Most importantly... which project to bring? I'm bringing two.

 One for hand stitching...

Chatter of Houses

... and one for machine sewing.


Sewfun Boho Bag 
This isn't a quilt. I was hoping I might actually work on something that won't require three years of commitment (ha! ha!). I found a boho bag pattern and some lovely Japanese kokka dragonfly canvas at my LQS. The goal was to use use existing stash for the lining - but nothing was suitable (how can that even be possible?) so back to next LQS with fabric #1 in hand to find the perfect lining (first row - third bolt - how lucky was that???) and some matchy matchy thread.

Next up: Vendor List: What do I need? What do I want?

Note to self: don't buy more fat quarters!

Reminder: Look for Circle Game fabrics: buy more fat quarters!

And to celebrate the fact that I'm going at all... a new sewing machine! (More on that later. Suffice to say I couldn't help myself. I was weak... in the knees! Her name is Tula. And she is Pink.)





No comments:

Post a Comment