Saturday, July 16, 2011

tour de sheepless


Not sure if I mentioned it in my last post - but I have a new bike! I had it on layaway for awhile and finally broke her out of the bike shop on July 2nd - the first day of the tour. That was important. My goal? To ride every day of the tour. Thus far I'm about 99% - (I had to bring a "Good luck on your ride" cake to a colleague who is doing a charity ride this weekend (see below) and couldn't figure out how to attach it to the bike). Also had to buy groceries and go out for dinner -so I'll have to ride on a rest day.


Call me weird (don't you dare!) but I have a tendency to name inanimate objects - such as spinning wheels and weaving looms. My first wheel was Eva Luna and my first loom was Oma. My old bike (which is now sitting neglected in the shed) was alternately "the Grey Goose" vs the "Silver Fox" depending on my mood and how it was performing. I spent a good deal of time trying to think of a suitable name for my new bike. She's very fast - and sleek - and lovely. I finally settled on "Ultraviolet". After a quick Google check, I determined it was the name of a science fiction super heroine type - so that seemed fitting. However within moments of announcing her chosen name - the Old Guy promptly nicknamed her "Schlecky."  After the Schleck brothers. Andy and Frank. And since I happen to love the the brothers - the name has stuck - Schlecky it is.








No comments:

Post a Comment