Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fibre Week 2011 - here I come!

(This was to be posted on June 24 - but I just finished it now)

Well my much sought after annual sojourn into all things fibre-y has arrived. Fibre Week! Although I know I'm going and I have loads of time to pack ... I always seem to leave things to the last minute. And this time I'm not sure it has paid off... (Update: Brought a reading lamp sans light bulb - and a flashlight that was missing it's batteries. Forgot my toothbrush again.  I now have 5 pink toothbrushes at home - why pink? because in a house full of men if it's pink - it doesn't get touched.  On the upside I did not forget my bottle opener - though my plug-in cooler blew a fuse.)

 I decided to finally read my class supply list - only to discover the yarn I planned on using for my Sivia Harding "Harmonia's Rings" Cowl was definitely suboptimal. And a size 8 crochet hook doesn't act in lieu of a 0.6 one (I guess I'm using seed beads!)... and yes... seed beads? Hmmm - not a one in my stash. So I did end up making a few last minute stops along the way.

Although I left early - traffic was ghastly and it took longer to reach the city limits (over an hour) than it took to arrive at the college (just less than an hour). If I had known this was going to be the case, I wouldn't have treated myself to a Grande Iced Skinny Mocha Latte. I would have treated myself to one last pit stop at the gas station (if you know what I mean). As always - woulda - coulda - shoulda - didn't.

Homework to be done. Watch Cat Bordhi's Moebius cast on for class prep. Now - how great is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment