Thursday, May 22, 2014

Four days on the Island...

A few months back when we were in the frigid depths of dark bleak frozen hopelessness (aka winter on the prairies) I decided to book a quick trip to "The Island" ... Vancouver Island. I don't think I've ever been there before, but a friend had moved a few years back, so it was determined that a visit was in order.
I knew that I was going to be in need of a "little project". Something to work on during those little breaks of time between coming from somewhere, going somewhere and being somewhere. Those long stretches of chatting at our leisure. At the kitchen table, in the sun room. In the garden.
I pulled out my patterns and fabrics looking that perfect little something and found just what I was looking for. Portable, hand stitched (low tech) and possible to work in little space (non intrusive). And a wonderful stashbuster ...

A perfect time to start my Green Tea and String Beans quilt ...
Linked to WIP Wednesday on the Needle & Thread Network.


2 comments:

  1. Green Tea and String Beans is one of my favourite patterns out there, that I have so far managed not to buy! Hopefully I will be satisfied just watching you make it. You're off to a good start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and have you determined to go back? My first visit to The Island in 1982 had such a strong effect that Victoria became my home in 1986 for 5 years then had to move to the mainland for work... Someday I may return to the island and stay...

    ReplyDelete