Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

So here we are - Sunday morning. The Old Guy is sick in bed - Youndman 2 is still in bed - and me? Well I've been up for hours.

I'm really hoping that spring is f i n a l l y really here. The birds seem to think it is. They are chirping galore and the squirrels are chasing each other up and down the fence posts. So what colour is spring? In Calgary right now the predominant colour (I think) is brown. UGH!

My bike has had it's tuneup and I'm ready to resume riding to work this week. The roads have a lot of post winter debris on them so I'll stick to my mountain bike for awhile I think.

City Council is getting ready to vote on a separated Cycle Track Network for commuters in the downtown core. The reason I'm using the generic term "commuters" is because I think it's a win-win for everyone. It gets cyclists off the sidewalks (which pedestrains don't like) and also out of the ditch. No one likes riding in the ditch. It's not safe. Cyclists have to maneuver around pot holes and parked cars - and vehicle drivers need to watch out for cyclists. I am a commuter. I walk, cycle and drive depending on the situation. I think separate permanent cycle tracks make good sense. Good for our health, good for our environment, and good for business (apparently people on bikes spend more money while commuting then their vehicle counterparts - who knew?)

Well enough of that. Yesterday was spent shopping for groceries. I've made my first attempt at Tiramisu. My recipe from Barefoot Contessa Family Style is loaded with coffee and rum and mascarpone cheese. It looks good - I'll let you know how it tastes later today!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment