Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July - a change of pace

So as June slowly wound away from itself, I geared up for a change in direction.

I have suspended most of my sewing efforts this month for my annual Tour de Fleece spin a thon. You may recall last year I worked on  my hexagon quilt while watching the Tour de France. I dubbed it my  Tour de Fabric) and that quilt is still in progress (slow but steady wins the race).  But this year I've decided to jump back on my spinning wheel and work through my stash of a different kind - wool. As in mohair, teeswater, romney, corriedale...etc. Whatever my hand pulls out of the stash.


I've signed up for the Spin Your Stash 2013 Ravelry Team - and so far so good! On Day 1-2 I spun up 50 grams of Blue Faced Leicester which is hand dyed by the Canadian company Fleece Artist.

Spin on!

(PS - Today is WIP Wednesday on Needle and Thread!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judi - I can't seem to find an email for you... Can you write back? monika@mysweetprairie.ca You won a 1 yr subscription from the Canada Day giveaway!! : )

    ~Monika K.
    TN&TN admin/creator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely yarn! Makes me want to bring my wheel upstairs and spin again!

    ReplyDelete