Monday, July 9, 2012

TD - Fabric stage 6


TD Fabric - stage 6 - the strip stitching of hexxies continues....

In other news...

Who knew that summertime could be such a hot bed of activity in my quilt-y world. Firstly it seems almost all of my LQS are offering discounts on fabric. Some as high as 40% off - granted you have to buy a metre or more - but none the less that's a great deal. 

Nextly (is that even a word?) I've been taking another beginner quilt class -  this time with the primary objective of learning more about my new sewing machine. The first thing I've learned is that as much as I love it - it's h e a v y and b i g and not at all p o r t a b l e ... 




Well that's all for now folks! Keep on stitching!

2 comments:

  1. your hexies are looking great! Love the fabric used for your first DJ block - is that 30's repro print? very sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am indeed using 1930's repro prints. I wanted something bright and cheerful...

    ReplyDelete