Monday, October 3, 2011

Was it just me?

Bye bye Sal...
... Well my gal Sal has moved on. She went to her new forever home on the weekend. I put her up on kijiji  about a month ago and promptly forgot about her. Then I got the call "Could we come by to give her a try? " No problem! When I opened the door, lo and behold! the prospective buyer (along with a friend) turned out to be an acquaintance from my other fibre-y life.

Now, being a firm believer in the old "what goes around comes around" philosophy of life (also known as karma I believe) I did disclose a blow by blow on our love - hate relationship. And Sally's sketchy past. And her last colossal breakdown. Sal must have known this was her do or die moment, because when they put her through her paces - the little beggar sewed her heart out. Now there is something to be said for having a master who knows what they are doing - to coax the best out of you. Turns out the happy shoppers were computer sewing savvy - and before I knew it Sal was making buttonholes, doing needle ups and downs and just itching to jump in the bosom of her new owner and get outta Dodge. All I could think was UGH!  foiled again... 

Sally I hope you and your new owner make lot's of happy projects together ...


No comments:

Post a Comment